The schedule of the Retain emails is going to depend on some algorithmic work that we do behind the scenes.
In general, here's the cadence of the emails:
- First email is sent 2 hours after the payment fails
- Second email is sent 3 days after the first contact
- Third email is sent 2 days after the second contact
- Fourth email is sent 2 days after the third contact
- Fifth email (optional) - When the customer's subscription is cancelled/paused
While we recommend a grace period of 21 days, Retain requires a minimum of 10 days to be effective.
If a user qualifies for an upgrade offer, they'll get two emails two days apart.
Note that users will only be reached out to once a quarter (if they qualify)
- First email is sent after a set time window (typically we recommend ~60 days post-voluntary churn and ~14 days post-delinquent churn)
- Second email is sent 2 days after the first contact
- Third email gets sent a week after the second contact
- Fourth email gets a week after the third contact